This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Repeating Expenses Editing

Useful features and practical enhancements you’d like to see implemented.
kwadeuk2ne
Repeating Expenses Editing

Postby kwadeuk2ne » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm

I have a number of repeating expenses, many of which can alter slightly each month. An example is my mobile phone.

For me, and I have mentioned this to Dave on support many times, would be the ability to have the repeating expense automatically pay a regular sum or even £0.00 then simply be able to edit the actual amount according to the bank statement.

So for example I set up my mobile phone for £0.00 on the 10th of each month. This automatically gets posted, then when I get my bank statement I simply click on the fully paid tab, find the entry, click on the £0.00 amount and change it to £35.36, of next months might be £42.70.

Currently each expense like this and (I have over 30 of them) has to manually entered in full as a new expense each month.

Can I get some user support for this change. It can't be that hard to implement at source.

This is my No.1 irritation with LLV.

emm

Re: Repeating Expenses Editing

Postby emm » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 am

Hi,

Rather than setting up repeating expenses, as this is for an expense that is the same every time, have you tried using the Bank Reconciliation section to create expenses each month instead? When you upload your bank statement (Account Manager => Bank Accounts => Click on the relevant bank account) and the transactions appear on the Reconcile tab, click on "create expense". This is just as quick as locating a repeating expense, changing the amount and then paying it off would be.

Hope this helps.

kwadeuk2ne

Postby kwadeuk2ne » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:36 pm

I don't currently use the reconcile feature. I prefer to do it manually for now with just the bank statements. Old habbits etc.

Surely it can't be that hard to implement a simple edit feature to the actual figure? I know it can be argued this could be used to "fiddle" figures but this could also be done by a full deletion and re-entering if one was that determined. I can't see how this would affect other parts of the programe accounting system.

PLEASE???

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Our development schedule is determined by how many requests we get for a particular suggestion. If we get further requests for this one then it is certainly something that we will consider for future development.

Kind Regards,
Admin

kwadeuk2ne

Postby kwadeuk2ne » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:10 pm

This has to be a very simple "tweek" why not just do it and announce it rather than polling opinion. Surely if only 1 person (me) finds this an enhancement to the functionality it has to be for the good of the wider community of users, even if they choose not to use it.

jnedwardso

Postby jnedwardso » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:49 am

I fully agree. I've only been using the system for a day, and the lack of a variable repeating expense is making me consider going back to a spreadsheet!!!!!

roy

Postby roy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:45 am

Hello

I've just found this post while reviewing the forum. This functionality has been in for some time

Set up your repeating expense and enter a value
Each month when you get your bank statement, change the value of the expense to match what was actually paid

Also, if your monthly payments change to a new regular amount, you can also change this in Property Manager > Expenses > Repeating tab and edit the repeating expense. Please note this works better if the change is in the future, if it is in the past then the software will write new expenses, but not remove the ones already in the software

Kind regards
Roy

landlord10

Postby landlord10 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:58 am

Hi Roy,
Where do you go to edit the value of the expense. When I go into the edit the detail of an individual expense (generated by a repeating expense), I can change everything except the amount
Thanks, David

roy

Postby roy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:02 am

Hello

Thank you for your post

If you have ticked Automatically Paid, or recorded a payment, then you will need to delete the payment first before you can edit the amount

Kind regards
Roy

Return to “Feature Requests”