This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Move invoice to new statement

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
raaraa
Move invoice to new statement

Postby raaraa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:22 pm

I allocated some invoices to the wrong statement, can't work out how to allocate them to the right one.

I tried deleting the invoices but couldn't as they are allocated to payments.

I can delete items from the statement itself, but I'm not sure that this will enable those items to be re-allocated to the correct statement.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

PS I still can't use the search function on this forum - the search term statement' gets ignored as it's a common term!!! So I can't check whether this question has been asked before without going through the whole forum.

emm

Re: Move invoice to new statement

Postby emm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:30 am

Hi,

It is the statement number entered against as payment that links the invoice to the statement so you need to work back as follows:

1. Has a payment been recorded for this statement number from agent to landlord? If so, then go to Tenant Manager, Payments, Letting Agent to Landlord tab and delete the payment.

2. Next, go to Tenant Manager, Payments, Tenant to Letting Agent tab. Delete the payment recorded for this tenant against the wrong statement. Re-enter the payment, this time adding/selecting the correct statement number.

3. Finally (if point 1. was 'yes'), go to Tenant Manager, Payments, Letting Agent to Landlord tab and re-enter the payment made to the landlord from the letting agent for the balance (rent less fees) on this statement.

Hope this helps!

raaraa

Re: Move invoice to new statement

Postby raaraa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Many thanks, that did the trick. I also had to re-reconcile the bank statement. Not a simple process overall, but that will teach me to be more careful next time...

Return to “Functional Support”