This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

payment cannot be deleted

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
mbreckongm
payment cannot be deleted

Postby mbreckongm » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Hi,

Still trying to get my bearings with the software, but i realise the first payment of this tenancy (my first btl) has gone against an invoice that has been auto generated for the end of this month.

This means the invoice for the end of last month is showing as in the red and overdue. when i try and delete the payment however it says that it cannot be deleted as its been sent from agent to landlord.

Does any one have any ideas or alternatively point me in the direction of the right guide as i cant really find anything relevant.

Many thanks

roy

Re: payment cannot be deleted

Postby roy » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:55 pm

Hello

Thank you for your post

Payments made via an agent are handled slightly differently to payments made directly to the landlord. In this instance, you have recorded two payments:

One from the tenant to the letting agent
And one from the letting agent to yourself, the landlord

When you record the payment that the tenant pays, you add this to a statement. On the statement, any fees are added and the nett amount can then be reconciled with the bank account. Once a payment to the landlord has been recorded, the statement becomes locked for editing. To unlock the statement, you need to delete any payments to the landlord that are on this statement. There are two places you can remove them from

1. Tenant Manager > Agent Fees > open the statement, place your cursor over the payment in blue at the bottom of the page and press the red bin icon
2. Tenant Manager > Payments > Letting Agent to Landlord. Place your cursor over the payment and select Delete Payment from the cog icon that comes up

You only need to do one of these. Once all of the payments are gone from the statement, it will be unlocked and you can make your changes. Don't forget to re-add any deleted payments once you have finished

Kind regards
Roy

Return to “Functional Support”