This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Property Purchase Cost

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
joeltobias
Property Purchase Cost

Postby joeltobias » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:03 am

Hi

SLightly confused about how to enter the cost of a property that I've purchased. I understand that the capital cost should be entered in the property purchase details but then I've seen an answer to an FAQ here https://landlordvision.userecho.com/en/ ... -purchase where the purchase cost is also entered as an expense. Whats the difference?

roy

Re: Property Purchase Cost

Postby roy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 am

Hello

Thank you for your post

Yes, there are two places to enter a property purchase and they do different things. The Property Details updates the Capital Gains and Mortgage Broker Summary reports and the expense updates the Fixed Assets account and gives you something to offset the mortgage against. There are plans to unify this so you only need to record the property purchase once, but at the moment the process is as per the FAQ you posted

Kind regards
Roy

Return to “Functional Support”