This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

stock items

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
spakeybtin
stock items

Postby spakeybtin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:56 pm

HI all,
has anyone managed to account for items that have bee bought for stock i.e. general sundry items like screws, plumbing parts etc. that you my buy and keep in a store ready for future repairs or refurbishments ??

cheers

emm

Re: stock items

Postby emm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi,

You can record stock items in an Assets account i.e. inventory, and then move some or all of the amount from Asset Account to an Expense Account such as Repairs & Maintenance Account:

When you purchase Stock
Create bill in Property Manager --> Expenses
In 'Account' field select the Asset Account (Inventory)

2. When you Use / Utilise that stock, create a Journal entry in Account Manager --Journal
Debit: Repair & Maintenance Account
Credit: Inventory Account

Regards.

Return to “Functional Support”