This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Purchase new property & taking money out

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
m_hobbshot
Purchase new property & taking money out

Postby m_hobbshot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am

Hi,

I am trying to work out how best to reflect money from the portfolio being used towards the purchase of a new property. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also if I wanted to take money out of the business, would this need to be reflected via the Director Loan journal method that others have suggested for adding money to the portfolio?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

roy

Re: Purchase new property & taking money out

Postby roy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello Mark

Thank you for contacting support

To show money from the portfolio being used toward the purchase of a property, presumably as a deposit, record a payment against an expense for the amount you are putting in. For example, if the property cost £100,000 and you paid £20,000, then create an expense for £100,000 in Property Manager > Expenses and record a payment of £20,000 from the bank account against this. There is a full breakdown of how to record this in the following Knowledge base article

https://landlordvision.userecho.com/kno ... y-purchase

Kind regards
Roy

m_hobbshot

Postby m_hobbshot » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:13 am

Thanks for the reply - I think that covers using business funds to purchase another property.

How about if I just want to take money out of the business?

winstanley

Postby winstanley » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:37 pm

I'd like to know this too. Did the question ever get answered anywhere?

roy

Postby roy » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:58 pm

Hi all

It looks like this one was missed, sorry about that

We call money taken out 'personal drawings'. Please see the following Knowledge Base article which explains how to do this:

https://landlordvision.userecho.com/kno ... tors-loans

Kind regards
Roy

Return to “Functional Support”