This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

How to record property purchase inc. equity

Tips and advice on how to use Landlord Vision.
christop10
How to record property purchase inc. equity

Postby christop10 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi All,

I am just starting to use LV. I am purchasing a property through a LTD... £180k, £36k equity (by way of directors loan) and £144 mortgage.

I can set up the property and the mortgage in LV - but I wondering how I record the D loan / equity?

Thanks,
Chris

roy

Re: How to record property purchase inc. equity

Postby roy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello Chris

Thank you for contacting support

Nowadays it is possible to record payments from non-bank accounts, as well as bank accounts. That means we can set up like this

Before you start, go to Settings > Chart of Accounts
Create an Equity account called Director's Loan Account if you don't already have one. Tick the box marked Allow Payments From/To Account
Enable the Allow Payments From/To Account box on Mispostings as well. Once you have completed up to here, you wont need to do it again

In Property Manager > Expense: Record an expense for the purchase of the property for £180,000. Do not record a payment yet
In Finance Manager > Mortgages and Loans: Record the mortgage for £144,000
If the loan was paid to you, set Loan Paid To Bank Account, if not, set Loan Paid to Non-Bank Account: Mispostings
Record a payment to the expense for £144,000 from whichever account you paid the loan to in the previous step
Record another payment to the expense for the remaining £36,000 from the Director's Loan Account

Kind regards
Roy

ewaobriena

Re: How to record property sale with mortgage

Postby ewaobriena » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Could you advise on how to record the property sale with full mortgage repayment and capital gain?

roy

Re: How to record property purchase inc. equity

Postby roy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello

Thank you for your reply

To record the property sale, go to the following locations

Property Manager > Properties > open the property > edit > tick Property Sold and record the date and amount. This will stop the property being marked as vacant and also update the Capital Gains report
Property Manager > Income > Add Income and record what you have received from the sale
If you have any outstanding mortgages on the property, go to Finance Manager > Mortgages and Loans > open the mortgage and click Close Loan to mark the mortgage as redeemed

Kind regards
Roy

Return to “Functional Support”