This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Joint ownership of properties

If you have questions about Landlord Vision, ask them here.
stevespfwe
Joint ownership of properties

Postby stevespfwe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating LV, and was wondering how it copes with joint ownership of properties?

Is it possible to assign multiple landlords for a property? Do income tax reports take joint ownership into account?

In my scenario, there are 3 properties, 2 of which are jointly owned. How would this work in LV?

Thanks for any help.

roy

Re: Joint ownership of properties

Postby roy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello

Thank you for contacting support

In Landlord Vision you can create different portfolios into which you can enter your properties based on ownership. Then, once you have entered all of your data, run the income tax report and enter the ownership percentage of the person you are running the report for. Remember that the percentage is for the portfolio as a whole, so if you have varying levels of ownership, you either need to separate them all out into individual portfolios based on ownership, or run he report multiple times and compile the data in a spreadsheet

Once you have set up your portfolio, assign your landlords to the portfolio and they will be assigned as landlords to every property created in that portfolio

Kind regards
Roy

stevespfwe

Re: Joint ownership of properties

Postby stevespfwe » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 am

Thanks for the information Roy, just what I needed to know.

One further question - can I re-assign/add landlords later if ownership changes in the future?

Thanks.

Return to “Pre-Sales Questions”