This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our privacy notice.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Marketing

A bit of data which remembers the affiliate who forwarded a user to our site and recognises orders from those who become customers through that affiliate.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Ltd vs Private Landlord Expenses

Any questions, advice or comments on being a landlord.
paulpaulgr
Ltd vs Private Landlord Expenses

Postby paulpaulgr » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:54 am

Is there a difference between what counts as a legitimate expense for a ltd property company vs a private landlord? I have seen lots of articles on what I can claim for properties I hold in my own name, but cannot find anything that explains if this is different for a SPV. For example, if I buy furniture to fit out a new rental property I cannot claim this as an expense (only replacement costs are covered) if I own the property personally - but if I bought a stock of furniture for use in properties via my SPV/ltd then surely that would be a tax deductable expense for the company? I'm sure there must be differences between the tax rules for ltd vs privately owned properties - can anyone point me to a good summary or provide one here?

abida10280

Re: Ltd vs Private Landlord Expenses

Postby abida10280 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:04 pm

Following this one. As i need the same info

Return to “General Landlord Matters”